1. Tom Hanks did not take a fee for the film but was “satisfied” with a percentage of the proceeds… the film did so well that it ended up in his pocket for 40 million dollars!
2. John Travolta, Bill Murray and Chevy Chase were considered for the role of Forrest. Travolta said no to participate in “Pulp Fiction”.
3. Tom Hanks improvised the sentence: “My name is Forrest Gump, Everyone calls me Forrest Gump.”
4. Among the children who do not seat little Forrest on the bus are Hanks’ daughter Elizabeth and the son of director Zemeckis.
5. Forrest says that Jenny died on a Saturday morning but the tombstone shows that the date is March 22, 1982… which was a Monday.
6. The original voice of young Elvis Presley staying at Forrest’s house is… Kurt Russell.
7. In 1976, Forrest made money from Lt. Dan’s investment in Apple. But Apple was founded in 1976 … and went public in 1980.
8. In the racing scenes, Jim Hanks plays Forrest, whether in the distance or from behind, and not his brother Tom.
9. Since 2010 there has been talk in the circles of the sequel to the film but Hanks reiterated that he would never do it.
10. The tags that Gary Sinise wears are from his brother-in-law, a real veteran of the Vietnam war.
11. The Ping Pong ball in all games is created in CGI… it does not exist.
12. Forrest’s voice in Italian is by… Francesco Pannofino.
13. The bench that Tom Hanks sat on for most of the film was in Chippewa Square, Savannah, Georgia. It soon became a place of worship and was besieged by film buffs from all over the world, and has been moved to the Savannah History Museum.
14. The film won 6 Oscars: Best Picture, Direction, Lead Actor, Non-original Screenplay, Editing and Special Effects.
15. Hanks later let it be known what he said in his speech in Washington when his microphone is disconnected: “Sometimes when people go to Vietnam they go home to their mothers without their legs, or they don’t come back at all.
This is a bad thing.
And I have nothing more to say on this matter. “